Monday, April 28, 2014

The Mundane

Being 6 months pregnant and so tired and uncomfortable already I find it hard some days to remember how amazing being a mom is. My 5 1/2 year old lost her first tooth today, and as I sat down after the kids were in bed I thought about how fun it was. Sounds weird, I know. But it was such an exciting moment for her and me. She felt it become loose the night before and announced it to the family. She said, “I’ve been waiting my whole life to loost a tooth!” And no, “loost” is not a type-o that’s how she said it.
It’s amazing to experience life through my child. She has such spunk and gets such a kick out of life. And as I sat on the couch thinking of her losing that tooth I couldn’t help but smile. It seems so mundane, all kids lose teeth, but just to watch her little person experience it was fantastic.
photo 1photo 2photo 3

No comments: