Monday, March 18, 2013

Welcome to Catching Light

Welcome to Catching light, a new direction for my blog. I chose this name because it has several meanings for me. As a photographer, I always analyze light, determining when and where it will be best. I love light. It’s beautiful, warm, and inviting, but it can also be unpredictable when it bounces off a camera’s lens. Which makes it exciting.
It can sparkle in the sky.
Carlie Bridals_023 copy


It can wash out part of the image, mainly the sky.Alex_35 copyIt can do sooo much! These are just a few examples, but can you see why I love it? So catching light in my lens is one way to look at it.
As a photographer, another way I catch light is by catching the light that others radiate. Even though life can be mundane, or even difficult at times, capturing the small moments with my children, family, and friends helps remind me why I ultimately love being a mother, a friend, and a photographer.
IMG_0651 copyIMG_0682 copy
And the last, certainly not least, for me would be Jesus Christ.
He is the light of the world, and I am trying to be like Him.
John 3:16 I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

No comments: