Monday, March 11, 2013

Bedtime Stories and Secrets

Let it be known that I am a sucker for black and white photographs. I LOVE them. There is something timeless, classy, and just perfect about them. I know I’m probably in the minority on this subject, but I don’t care. I have to talk myself into printing photos for the walls of our home in color. It’s hard. I am drawn to black and white, it speaks to me. (I’m an artist, I can say weird things like that!)
I got these shots while I was hanging out on the floor with my baby when my little girls decided to “read” each other a book. They took turns, which is a big deal some days at our house. I laughed because suddenly my 4 year old was telling her sister that the book was about baby Jesus’ birth. Totally not what it was about, but I didn’t correct them. It can be about Jesus.
These first two shots  are through the slats at the foot of the bed. So if you are wondering what made my sides dark and blurry, that’s what it is. I decided that I like them. They add something to the photo that normally isn’t there.
IMG_4183 copy copybw copyIMG_4184 copy bwcopy copy
I love capturing my kids just being themselves, it makes me happy. And this photo above it definitely Kyla. She throws her hands up in the air when she’s excited, cocks her head to the side when she asks a question, and shakes her hips when she dances. She’s completely expressive with her tiny little body. And the photos below are totally Sophie. She loves to whisper “secrets”. But she usually is so paranoid about having someone overhear her that she basically mumbles in your ear and it really tickles.
IMG_4209 copyIMG_4197 copy
Tell me, do you prefer color or black and white?

No comments: