Friday, May 11, 2012

Jack Dustin Siddoway

Jack was born at 8:20am on May 9, 2012
He weighed 8lbs 1oz and was 22 inches long.
He is my biggest baby so far, by almost a pound. The doctors thought he would be a little baby, 
around 7lbs. Boy were they surprised!

First, we have never found out the gender of any of our babies. It's fun for us and especially my husband. He has something exciting to look forward to during the delivery, other than the birth of our children that is. 
I was scheduled to go in that morning of the 9th and have my water broken. I was dilated to a 4 already, and my midwife was shocked that I wasn't in active labor yet. My body had different ideas though, at one in the morning I woke up and knew I was in labor even before the contractions started. I just felt different. At two I woke Dustin and informed him that I was in labor. I don't think I've ever seen him wake up so quickly! 
We got to the hospital at three and I was dilated to an eight. I was nervous I wouldn't get an epidural. But I did, thank goodness. 
After I got the epidural my midwife said, "Alright, probably 3 more contractions and your baby will be here!" 
Well, that wasn't the case. Hours later I was still at a nine and not going anywhere. We discovered that baby's head was facing up and slightly tilted, so he wasn't coming. So the quick and easy delivery that was expected wasn't quick or easy at all. 6 hours later, after trying to turn baby's head and a lot of pain (despite the medication) the Dr. was called for. Forceps were used to get my little one ready to come out. 

When our baby was born his gender wasn't visible. Dustin was standing by my side, and we were both anxious to know what he was. He asked, "What is it? What is it?" They finally answered, "It's a boy!" and a nurse in the background asked if that's what it was supposed to be. 

We are so thrilled to have Jack as part of our family. We love him. The girls love him. And we are excited to have some blue in the house, just to change things up a bit. 






2 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for sharing! I have been curious how everything went, and wanted all of the details. So happy you have a little bit more blue in your home! Boys are way fun!

Jamie said...

Congratulations! He is so handsome. And a boy? Oh fun :) Your girls sound like wonderful big sisters.