Monday, February 9, 2009

My Home-Girls!

These are my best friends from Junior High and High School. We were terrors...I mean choir nerds mostly (terrors for our choir teacher). I'm not sure how or when we all became so close, but it was probably the best thing that could happen for my nerdy self. They were the best influences I could have had while in that confusing stage of life, they are all such good girls. We've stayed pretty close since we graduated and went our separate ways in life, and it's always so fun to get together and "catch up."
Tying the quilt for Jaclyn's baby. We are so domestic! Our senior year most of us took a sewing class together, where we learned to be "domestic." We practiced our skills while at the shower.Also while at my mom's house we got to see Sophie's cousins, Kenzie and Hannah. I still can't figure it out, but Sophie just loved Kenz. All Kenzie needed to do was say "hi" and Sophie was giggling. I thought it was cute, since she's never laughed this hard before. So here is a little video. and yes, the squealing is Sophie.


I thought this was hilarious! I came down the hall to find that Kenzie had shared her toys with Sophie. It started with a baby toy and then she just couldn't resist sharing her barbies. Sophie started to fuss, so I moved the toys out of her swing and Kenzie pleaded with me, "Please, can't you just give her one of the dolls back?" She thinks that all girls should love dolls as much as she does, no matter their age.

5 comments:

Carolanne said...

Something about the barbie picture strikes me as funny. I think its her expression. Too cute! It was fun to see those familiar faces. I remember you talking about making a rag quilt in High School. Was that for your sewing class? It seems like forever ago sometimes.

David and Jaclyn said...

That was a lot of fun Alisha :) Thanks for a great baby shower! Little Sophie is one of the prettiest babies I have ever met. Love you lots!

Megan said...

Those are some adorable girls! What a cute video... it made me laugh, too :)

Hollie said...

I'm so glad Sophie has cousins who adore her. I always thought cousins were way better than siblings- Just don't tell my sisters.

Anonymous said...

She is growing up too fast! What an adorable laugh. She looks like such a bundle of joy every day every minute. Ok I know that's not completely true. Anyway, we still don't know what we are doing with grad schools yet... We'll keep you posted.