Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Official


Last week I received a letter in the mail telling me that I was 3 credits deficient from graduating. I was baffled, I had gone over my credit hours a million times. So I called the registrar and she told me that yes, I was short 3 credits. I was almost in tears thinking of how I would have to take one measly class this summer semester just so I could graduate. I think that the lady could hear the desperation in my voice as I told her this was impossible. She was kind enough to humor me and she hand counted my credits. Low and behold, I had enough. I even had one extra. The wonderful lady did a manual override and sent me my diploma. So I received my diploma in the mail today with President Monson's signature on it (I think it's a stamp) conferring me, Alisha, with a Bachelor of Arts in Art. Kind of sounds funny, but a Bachelor of Science in Art would sound just as silly.

11 comments:

Marcie said...

WHAHOOO!

alma and nicole smith said...

yeay! oh man, that scare has happened to alma a couple of times and he has to keep reminding them where his extra credits are! i'm so glad you didnt need to take anything extra!

Amateur Steph said...

Hooray! You have a BAA. (I'll refrain from stupid sheep jokes here)

McKendricks said...

Hey Alisha,
Thank you for the birthday wish! We are going good! Sophia looks like she is getting so big! Boy I am glad you don't have to take anymore classes, I would be a little upset too! Dustin graduates this semester right? What are your plans? Hope everything is going well for you guys!

David and Jaclyn said...

I still haven't received my piece of paper...they said it would take up to three months to get out to me? That is a really long time. Congrats Alisha. I can't wait to see you on Friday. Love you!

Shanna said...

you are the bomb alisha! congratulations girl. thats an amazing accomplishment

Krista said...

So I have been meaning to ask you for a few months now if I can add a link to your blog. I will send you an invite to mine cause we made it private a few months ago. Your baby is adorable and I will admit to randomly blog stalking you every now and again. Send me an email at kmharrah@gmail.com so I have your email address and I will send you back an invite.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Yay!! That is probably such a relief to you! Congratulations!

The Roylances said...

This made me scared that this might happen to me. I better check my credits, and count them myself. What a mistake. It sounds like you handled that scare pretty well. I bet that was a great feeling to see that diploma. Congrats!!

Brittany said...

What a relief! I swear they make you jump through so many hoops. I'm glad you were persistent. Congrats!!

Cody & Brittany Hawkes said...

Alisa!
Your photography is amazing! I love your photo blog. You'll have to take some pics of cody and I like this summer or something. WOW! i had no idea you majored in photography...fun fun! sophie is getting really big too, she's adorable! well we need to hang out soon for sure..have a great weekend ttly - Britt