Monday, August 4, 2008

Camping!


This will be our third camping adventure this summer, this time we went to Logan canyon with my family. We got there later in the day and we were incredibly lucky to find a camp site. People were everywhere! The one site that we found we right next to the restrooms. Not usually an ideal camping spot, but for me it was heaven sent!

My mom, the gimp who tore her hamstring water skiing, hobbled around on crutches. trying not to fall into the fire. Jared, my brother, was visiting from Nebraska with Pam his girlfriend (or wife...we aren't really sure).
Shaelynn came up from Salt Lake and Steph and Mike brought their girls. It was a par-ty!
Tina and Reed, my friends who live in Logan came to visit us that night and we sat around the fire and talked while Reed used his hatchet to shave wood. It was really nice of him! It was fun seeing them and their little boy, Gage.
Our Camera ran out of batteries after three photos were taken, so I have stolen Stephanie's slide show for pictures. I can't steal individual ones, so you get to see the same one that you'd see on her blog!
We had fun, Kenzie and Hannah decided to wake us up at 6:00 the next morning. And they probably woke all the neighboring campers up also. (That's what they get for camping so close to us!)
I had a hard time sleeping because of being on a slightly downward angle and the intense heartburn I was having. Gotta love it!
Dustin was incredibly manly, he made dutch oven cobblers, set up and took down the tent, tended to the fire and other manly things. I love him!
The next day we went to the dam to swim, or rather watch Kenzie "put her whole body in." The water was freezing (as you can see when Jared and Steph get further in). Kenzie was the brave one who got the most wet.

4 comments:

Amateur Steph said...

What a fabulous slideshow!
It was so fun to see you guys!

Marcie said...

More pregancy camping? You are a trooper! Sean is wonding how I got skipped on the caming gene. I'm glad you had a great time. Your getting so close to your due date...hang in there.

Chantele Sedgwick said...

I am such a dork, but I lost your e-mail address before I could invite you to my blog. Could you send it to me again!? Sorry!!:) You are so brave to go camping while you are pregnant! I have sickness issues the whole 9 months, so I wouldn't be able to handle it!

Unknown said...

Cool! I love the new setup! Its very posh!!