Monday, August 25, 2014

Kindergarten- here we come!

Oh boy, we started a whole new chapter in life this morning. Sophie started school. She was so excited. She prepped each of her younger siblings. She sat them down and in hushed tones I heard things like, “Jack, Sophie goes to school today. You aren’t going to see me that much anymore. Kyla will help you when you need things.” And “Kyla, you need to be Mommy’s big helper cause I’m going to school now, and I’m not going to be here to do it anymore. Can you do that?”IMG_7164 copy
I have been asked by so many people if I’m going to shout for joy or cry. Well I didn’t cry, and I’m not shouting for joy either.
As I walked home from dropping her off I started to panic. Have I taught her enough? I forgot to remind her to close the stall door open when she uses the toilet. I didn’t tell her to raise her hand. Did I reassure her that she’d do awesome? Surely there must be a million other things I could have taught her or prepared her with. Why didn’t we sit down and talk about all the things that you do and don’t do when you are in school? AHHHHH!!!!
I was tempted to run back and give her one more squeeze and tell her that she’ll do great, because the last look I saw in her eyes was uncertainty. Instead I took a deep breath and told myself to keep walking that she’d do fine. I can’t control her world anymore, but I can’t help her through the challenges she faces when she come back home at the end of the day.
While there will be disappointments and tears along the way there will be more of the great achievements and joy. 
IMG_7154 copyIMG_7161 copyIMG_7158 copyIMG_7163 copyIMG_7170 copyIMG_7178 copy
I was having a hard time getting her to smile, so I told the other two to tickle her. I love these pictures. IMG_7185IMG_7188 copyIMG_7190 copy
IMG_7193 copyIMG_7196 copy
She picked her outfit about a week ago and her hairstyle. She is such a funny little girl.
And all of these poses you see she busted out all by herself.
And yes, I took too many pictures. I can’t help myself!!
IMG_7207 copy
IMG_7208IMG_7216 copyIMG_7218 copyIMG_7219 copyIMG_7221 copyIMG_7226 copy

No comments: