Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some things are worth saving.

I am the queen of throwing things away. Dustin will testify that I am always looking for excuses to get rid of things, and he's always reminding me that we might want some of these things when we have a house (we are house shopping! I'm sooooo excited!). My mom saves everything, and sometimes that's good. I'm not totally her opposite, but close. I keep some things, but not very many, and sometimes that's good.
One thing that I did keep was my apron that my mom made for me when I was in Joyschool (You know, preschool done by neighborhood mom's. Great times.) And it was worth it. Look how stinkin' cute my little girl is in my apron! And I don't have to buy or make one for her.
Whenever I put it on her she immediately runs to her room to "cook" something in her kitchen. Darling.

Don't mind the frosting on her face...

3 comments:

Marcie said...

I think its a Hansen thing. Im always throwing important things away. It makes Sean so mad. Darling apron. She looks so cute and grow up.

Carolanne said...

I'm a tosser too, and I think a lot of my de-junking hang ups come from growing up with parents who won't throw anything away. It's almost like I'm trying to make up for lost time. That apron is a keeper though. It looks brand new too (in a retro sort of way. I guess I'm trying to say that you've taken good care of it).

Whitney Harris said...

How fun. Would you believe all my tormenting as a child revolved around my preschool apron? I will have to share the story someday.
As for the cake, it's only my second fondant cake so I am still learning, but it's something fun to learn.