Friday, November 27, 2009

Owie

We had a great Thanksgiving, good food, good family, good times! The day before however....
Sophie had an accident. Grandpa and Grandma Siddoway have a glass fireplace and Sophie, being the curious little bug she is, had to put her hand on the glass to get a better look. Ouch! We ran it under cold water hoping for the best, but soon the blisters appeared and it was obvious that she was in excruciating pain. Poor baby.

We took her to the ER where they drugged her up pretty good and bandaged her little hand. They are pretty sure it's only 2nd degree burns. We've had to go back for treatments the last two days and who knows for how much longer. She's adapted to having one hand quite well, but I think it's throwing off her balance.
I feel so bad for her!

6 comments:

mcguire family said...

how sad. who helped you? if my parents wouldnt have been at the cabin im sure it would have been my mom that helped with sophie.

Amanda said...

SAD! We have a glass fireplace here and I'm worried about Rori touching it too.
I hope Sophie gets better soon. Good luck with all the doctor visits I hope you don't have to go back for too many more.

Marcie said...

Oh that poor little thing. I think I have had a few nephews and nieces do that when they are about that age. I swear kids are just one giant bruise, cut, or burn from 10 months until about 2 1/2 years. I hope she recovers quickly.

Carolanne said...

Poor kid! Bumps and bruises are inevitable, but knowing that doesn't make it any easier to watch our children get hurt. :(

Whitney Harris said...

oh no, you always stress about the oven but I didn't think of the fireplace. Poor thing don't you wish you could take the pain away for her. Hope it doesn't scar to bad and she gets feeling better.

The Roylances said...

That is soo sad. I hope she heals quickly.