Monday, April 20, 2009

A Trip to Moscow...

Moscow, Idaho. Not Russia, unfortunately. The University of Idaho is trying to recruit us (well, Dustin) to go to Grad school. They told us they would pay our way up there, get us a Hotel and show us around campus. We took off right after tax season ended (Dustin was working for an accounting firm) and drove up. It took about 10 hours to get there, and Sophie was an angel. It was a miracle. literally.
I was impressed to see a 0 exit. You don't see those everyday! (Dustin thinks I'm totally a dork for this picture)

We drove through Montana, and I totally agree...they have BIG SKY there! It felt huge, and I'm not being sarcastic. see for yourself.
Moscow was much like where we are living right now. Small college town, farms all around it. The University was really good to us, taking us to dinner and paying for things for us. It was really fun to be pampered like that. They are offering us free graduate school, and a job for Dustin while he studies. Sweet deal.
We couldn't give them a decisive answer though, we aren't sure yet. We need to visit the Utah State this week and see what they are offering us. Then we need to weigh our options, try to figure out where we want to work after grad school and then fast and pray about it. Unfortunately we are both indecisive... so we'll see how we are feeling about things after this weeks trip.
While we were there we got to hang out with our friends... Curtis and Jenny! While Dustin was off being shown around Jenny and I hung out. They were both great to us, but Jenny especially. She keep me entertained and I had a great time!
We attempted our first batch of cake balls (if you visit this link remember not to judge us, it was our first time!) They were yummy!I wanted to shout out to Curtis and Jenny and say thanks again for everything! You guys rock!

3 comments:

Summer Mike and Paxton said...

I think we should make some sunday quiet books sometime. Sunday was not so quiet for us this last week and I need to find something!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

looks like a fun trip! And I super excited to try the cupcake bites/balls/pops.... I looks at the website, and yours are totally better! I have never seen such an in depth recipe with pictures and such detailed instructions... pretty awesome ... thanks for sharing!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

ps... I have a great idea for sunday quite books... if your friend is interested... email me at lovincows@gmail.com and I will do a post about them! or email you some info